Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tulip Quilt Blocks

Thought I would post these pictures of my tulip quilt blocks I am working on. I guess like a lot of others I go from one project to another. I get tired of working on one thing and switch over to something else. Then later I will come back to it. I started these blocks a few years ago. There are five different colors of tulips and 110 blocks in all! Each block will be a finished size of 8 inches. I am hand appliqueing them using the blanket stitch and matching embroidery thread. I know I will one day finish them. And they will make a lovely quilt.




I have a very dear friend who will be 86 years old on June 9th. She is still as sprye as ever! She has more energy than I could ever think of having. She still does all kinds of handwork and pieces quilts by machine. She thinks I am nuts to spend so much time doing my sewing and quilts mostly by hand. But I would much rather sew by hand then the machine. For one thing I really don't have anywhere to sew on my machine at. It is set up on my table in the den where my father sits all the time and it disturbs him for me to sew. So I try to use it as little as possible. Hopefully, one day I will have a room to put all my sewing stuff in and then I can use my machine more.

No comments: