Monday, June 9, 2008

My favorite purse I have made

Good Morning All!
The weekend was way too short as always. Got all my housework done on Saturday as usual and made a big pot of homemade soup. I love homemade soup. It is really best in cold weather, but I was just really craving some Saturday. I used to peel and cut up all the potatoes and carrots, but now I cheat and just use canned. So much easier and faster! And on these hot summer days you need everything to be the quickest and easiest you can get it!
On Sunday the family and I went to church. Hubby was off for the weekend. He started back on days today. This shift work is really getting to him. He especially does not like the nights. I don't know if I would like working 12 hours shifts at night myself. His body just has a very hard time readjusting to the different shifts in his sleep pattern.
Sunday afternoon was just a lazy afternoon. The hubby and I watched a movie and I embroidered. Only have one picture of my current embroidery so I decided to put up these pictures of my purse I made. It is hand embroidered, hand beaded, and hand sewn (except for the lining). I put some of my very favorite Bible verses on it. It really helps when I am feeling down to just be able to look at my purse and read God's word.
This first picture is a whole view of the front. This is a close up of the front.
This is a closeup of the back.
The next two pictures are closeups of the two sides.

As you can also tell, I love buttons! I have put several on my purse. I have huge jars of buttons at home.
I will post some pictures soon of my embroidery piece I am working on now. I have taken one picture of part of it, but that is all. I am doing an all over embroidery piece like I did the book cover in an earlier post. I have even done another road runners on it. I'm not really sure what I am going to do with it. I started out thinking that I was going to make a purse out of it. Am not sure if I still am or not.
Hope y'all have a great and blessed day!
Diane

2 comments:

Annette said...

I really like your site. You have made so many beautiful quilts. How fortunate are the ones you share them with.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bag, Diane!