Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tara is a Senior!

We took Tara to Olan Mills and had her Senior Portraits taken. They took some at her school, but the photographer did not do a good job and their prices were outrageous! I guess they figure the parents are going to buy them no matter what. Well, not us! Olan Mills did a much better job and their prices were much better, also. And we were able to get a couple pictures of Tara and her brother, Keith. I wish Amber had of been with us so we could have had a family portrait done. We will have to go back when she is home for a while and have one done.
Here are the portraits. I scanned these into my computer and no matter how clean I though my scanner glass was there are still some white specks on the photos. Just wanted you to know those are white specks on the scanner and not dandruff!

I think this is one of my favorites!

I love this one. I wanted her to have this one made with all the flowers because it reminded me of my Mama. I know she wasn't thinking of my Mama when it was being taken, but the look on her face makes you think she is. She kinda looks sad. I was having a very had time trying not to cry while these pictures were being taken. My Mama would have loved them!



Keith was really not dressed for picture taking and his hair really needs cutting but they turned out cute anyway.
Keith is so tall and Tara is so short! He is 6 foot. Her date for the Senior Halloween Dance is 6 foot 7 inches! Can you imagine what a pair they will make! She says she loves to stand beside him because he is so tall! They are just friends.
Let me know what you think of them. This week has really been busy for Tara. It is homecoming week at her school and she has been involved in all kinds of stuff. She is playing powder puff football tonight and so she has been practicing for that for a few weeks. I just can't imagine Tara playing football! I can't wait to see it! I'll try and take lots of pictures to post tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Dianne! These portraits are lovely! We had family protraits taken last year for Mum and Dad's 40th wedding anniversary. Despite the fact most of us hate having our photos taken, Mum insisted that us posing for the photos was our gift to her!! My brother and his wife travelled from interstate to be here, so it was the first time we'd all been together (and looking fairly neat!!) for a couple of years. The portraits turned out well and Mum was happy, so that's the main thing!! Thanks for sharing my 100 (plus one!) post celebrations! Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

jacquie said...

so cute!!! these turned out great. my son is taking my other son's senior pics...that's what they did two years ago too (the photographer was the younger one then).