Friday, August 22, 2008

My very first quilt

This is the very first quilt I ever made. This is the only photo I have of it. I actually made the quilt in 1978 at the age of 18, but this photo was taken in 1983. That is my dad lying on the couch with my quilt over his hand. When I asked him what he was doing he said he was warming his hand! He had just came from Miami, Florida, where he was living at the time, to spend Christmas with us. So he was not used to the cold temperatures! You can see that he still had on his jacket! My mom and I were both hot blooded and so we didn't keep the heat turned up very high. This was not a fancy quilt. I just cut out squares and sewed them together. I did hand quilt it. I doubt it was quilted very good. I no longer have the quilt as it wore out and was discarded. How sad. I really wish I had taken better care of it.

Susan over at Ape Over Quilting is making her first quilt and has just started blogging. She is having a giveaway. Check it out!

No comments: