Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lots of memories made....

I really got into making ATC cards for awhile. I still think they are really neat and will probably make some more in the not too distant future. I just got overload on them and had to stop for a while. Here are some of my favorites. Of course my profile picture is one I did of myself. It is a picture of me when I was a little over a year old.This one is my brother, Freddy, when he was a little boy. He is two years older than me and as you can probably tell he loves Alabama football! I sent it to him and it is now on his bulletin board in his office at the restaurant he owns.
This one is of my brother, George and his dog. I have always thought this was the cutest picture and so had to do an ATC using it. George died when he was only 13 years old way back in 1967. I was very young and so do not remember a lot about him. But we do have our pictures to remind us.
This is my beautiful mama when she was in high school. I just love the way this turned out and only wish I had been making these before she died. I know she would have loved this! Sadly she died almost three years ago of cancer. This is my all time favorite ATC!
This is a Bible that I received from my aunt and uncle way back in 1973. I used it so much that the cover just wore away. It has a zipper around three sides to open and close it. I designed this cover for it. There is jewelry on it from my childhood and beads from two old necklaces that my father gave me when I was very young. The long gold chain on the right side is the Ten Commandments that I received when I was about 5 years old in my Sunday School Class. The little beads that have the name Dumas on them were part of my baby bracelet that they put on my wrist in the hospital when I was born. The cross stitched piece that says Life is fragile Handle with Prayer is a kit I received from my brother many years ago and did. This Bible and cover are very special to me as they hold a lifetime of memories.
When I was going through my mama's things after she died I found this Valentine I had embroidered for her. It was so long ago that I cannot even remember doing it! It really means a lot that she kept it all these years. My mama and I always had a very close bond. I was the youngest of 4 children and the only girl. I did not marry till I was 26 years old and stayed home and took care of my mama till then. I still took care of her even after I married. I really miss her a lot.
I made the this bonnet and the booties that follow for a lady at my church who just gave birth to a little baby girl. I found the pattern on the Internet and thought they were so cute!
They were a lot of fun to make. They worked up really quickly. This is a side view of the bonnet.
This is a back view of the bonnet.
And these are the booties. I can't wait to see them on that sweet baby!

1 comment:

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I love the ATCs, Diane. Are they fabric ATCs? I really like the needlework you did on them.