Thursday, September 25, 2008

All alone on Thursday night

It's Thursday night and I am all alone. Well, not really, as my dad is in the other room. But hubby is working and the kids have gone to the football game. Tonight's game is a big game. Our high school team is playing their biggest rival!

I was driving home from work this evening and started thinking that I would love to go to the Mexican restaurant to eat, but of course I didn't want to go by myself. So I was trying to figure out who I could ask to go with me. There really wasn't anyone to ask. I kept thinking about my best friend, Barbara. If you have been following my blog then you know that Barbara got married to her childhood sweetheart and moved all the way across the country to Minnesota in May! I have really missed her. I know that if she were still here I could have called her and she would have went with me to eat. And we would have had a great time. So I was thinking about her and missing her when I got home. Hubby had gotten the mail and put it on my dresser. On the very top was a card from Barbara! I tore it open and here are pictures of the front and inside:

She also wrote a personal message on one side of the inside. It made me so happy to get the card, but also sad. Cause it made me miss her all the more. Now don't think we don't keep in touch, we do. We email each other several times a day and talk to each other almost every night on the phone. But it is just not the same as knowing that she is in the same town as me. So after getting the card I started telling my hubby about how I had been thinking about her and wishing she were here to go out to eat with me and then I come home to find this card and I started to cry. Later Barbara called me on the phone and I told her about everything and how getting the card made me cry. She said she wasn't gonna send me anymore cards! I just laughed. I sure miss her. I'm happy for her, that's for sure. I'm just thinking now that I need to buy a plane ticket next year when I get my income tax refund and take a weeks vacation and fly up to see her! What fun that would be!

3 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

You are lucky to have such a lifelong friend!! Thanks for stopping by :)

quiltmom anna said...

HI Diane,

Thanks for your kind words and glad that you are enjoying my blog. It is an interesting experience to meet so many lovely people that enjoy quilting.

I think it is great that you and your friend have maintained such a close friendship in spite of the distance between you. It means you are true soul sisters - I hope that you get to go and visit her next spring.

Happy quilting,
Regards,
Anna

Samantha said...

It's great that you are staying in touch, it's so easy to drift apart when you are separated by so many miles. You should definitely go see her as soon as you can- that would really be something to look forward to.
PS It's just a shame that you don't live in NJ 'cause I loves me some Mexican food!!