Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Victorian purse

I found this old Victorian purse pattern and just had to crochet it.  It is crocheted out of size 10 cotton thread in single crochets.  Took a while to get it finished.  Here are some pictures of it during the process.  I just love it!  I don't know when I will ever use it.  I just love purses and bags, though.

It looked really neat turned upside down like this when I was working on it.  It would have made a pretty decoration just like this! hahaha




Then I flipped it over the other way.  Look how it just stands up by itself!

Here I added the rings to it.  I wound up crocheting over plastic rings twice as they were too large to begin with and I had to go buy some smaller ones.

I think this is pretty just like this!

Here it is all finished.  I had a hard time getting a good picture of it.  I hung it in front of some scrub pants where I work.  Hahaha


I then laid it on the counter on a piece of white paper so you can see what the straps look like too!  Hope you like my little purse!  It's definitely not big enough to hold everything I carry in my purse, but I can use it when I just run up to the store for a minute. 

No comments: