Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year, A New Beginning!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Today was not only the beginning of a new year, but of a new life. Hubby and I decided that we would renew our wedding vows today. This was a surprise to our children. We did not tell them until last night. We had arranged with our pastor to meet us at the church at 2pm and remarry us. Our Pastor took this picture for us. We have definitely changed since our first wedding 22 years ago. Hubby doesn't really look much older, but I sure am heavier! Ugh!
Here is a picture of our son, Keith, Me, Hubby, our daughter, Amber, and our daughter, Tara.
Here is a picture of me (without my glasses), hubby, and our Pastor, Brother Don.
Here is a picture of our niece, Rheanna, Amber, Keith, and Tara. Keith was pure silly this afternoon. He has been into this staying up all night and sleeping all day. So he decided that he wanted to get his sleep pattern straightened back out. So not only did he stay up all night, he also stayed up all day! About 1pm he laid down on our bed and went right off to sleep. We let him sleep about 30 minutes and then made him get up to get ready to go. So having been awake for so long he was acting silly when we were trying to take pictures. We kept him awake the rest of the afternoon and he went to sleep about 6pm tonight. Hopefully he will sleep through the night and then be back on the right sleep schedule.
Here is a better picture of the kids!
It was a very short ceremony and only our kids and my niece were there, but I think it was lovely. We went out to eat afterwards. I would have taken a picture of us all at the restaurant but hubby didn't want me to.
I was trying to take a picture of myself like my kids take for their myspace profile pictures. Here are a few of the results. I am not good at this at all!


Tara took this one of herself and me. The blouse I am wearing in all these pictures is one that my best friend, Barbara, sent me for a Christmas present. I think it is beautiful. She did a great job of picking it out for me! Goes to show you how well she knows me! Thank you, Barbara!
This is our cat, Lilie. I was taking down some Christmas decorations and laid this wreath on top of my tote full of decorations and Lilie decided it would be a great place for a nap! This wreath is one I made when I was about 16 or 17 with a lot of scrap yarn I had at the time. It really brings back memories every year when I take it out to hang.
This is a picture of the fabric and book that my best friend, Barbara, sent me for Christmas along with the blouse I mentioned earlier. She also sent me a really cute ornament with Minnesota 2008 written on it! I just love that girl! The fabrics are gorgeous! I can't wait to make something out of all of it! She knows how much I love cats and that is the reason behind the book! What a friend! God truly blessed me when He sent her into my life!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on remaking your marriage vows, what a lovely idea for New Year. I think the photographs you took of yourself look great. I really like to know what people look like, but very few bloggers - including myself I'm afraid - have decent photographs of themselves.

Chocolate Cat said...

Congratulations, what a lovely way to begin the new year. Great photos!

Carrie P. said...

Congratulations on renewing your vows. It always warms my heart to ses another marriage that has worked. And marriage is work but your kids should be awful proud of their parents for being committed. I think there are very few people in this world that look just like they do when they first got married. I know I don't. So don't beat yourself up. Just take care of your health for yourself and your family.
Happy New Year and Happy Anniversary.