Monday, November 16, 2009

Two Little Boys

This is a short post this morning, but I just had to post this picture. I went over to my great Aunt Doodle's house Saturday and she let me borrow some old photos to make copies of. This was one of them. It was a very small photo. Probably less then 2" so I wasn't sure how it was going to copy. It copied fantastic!
The little boys in the picture are (left) my daddy, (right) his brother, Ivy (aka: Uncle Junior). This was in about 1936. Daddy said he was about 5 and Uncle Junior was 6.
Their dad had taken them to a carnival that was in town. Notice the kind of angry look on my dad's face. He said they made him take his gumball out of his mouth to have the picture taken and he didn't want to. He then said he wondered where the gumball was. I told him to look in his hand! I had wondered what he had in his hand when I first saw the picture! I just think this is the most adorable picture!

No comments: